The Next Regular Third Order meeting will be Sunday, December 9th, 2018, following the 10:15 am High Mass (about 12:30 pm).
The Next Postulant Third Order meeting will be Saturday, February 2nd , 2019, at 10:30 am.
Advent Retreat Days
Women: Saturday, November 24th;
Men: Saturday, December 8th
There are two books required for this year, 2018:
- For the fall: Augustine's treatise on the Sermon on the Mount.
- This is the best value available: <https://www.newcitypress.com/new-testament-i-and-ii-study-edition.html>
- It is also available free online here: <http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/1601.htm>
- For the winter and spring: Augustine's homilies on the Psalms.
- Preferred edition: <https://www.newcitypress.com/essential-expositions-of-the-psalms-classroom-resource-edition.html>
- If you cannot afford this edition, they can be found online, though it is not as useful/reliable as one would like: <http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/1801.htm>
For the November 11th meeting: an overview of St. Augustine's vision of moral theology based on his treatise of the Sermon On The Mount.
For the October 14th meeting: a summary of the erroneous systems of morality was given. We were to have continued reading St. Augustine's treatise on the Sermon On The Mount.
For the September 9th meeting, an overview of the basic concepts involved in Moral Theology was given. The reading was to begin reading St. Augustine's treatise on the Sermon On The Mount.
Previous readings are available here.
The audio from the general meeting, from November 11th, 2018:
The audio from the Postulant meeting, from November 3rd, 2018:
The audio from the general meeting, from October 14th, 2018:
The audio from the Postulant meeting, from October 6th, 2018:
The audio from the September 9th, 2018 meeting:
Audio recordings from other previous meetings are available here.
Third Order Simplified Divine Office
Third Order Divine Office downloads are available here.
About the Third Order
- The CRNJ Third Order is an opportunity to become more imbued with the spirituality of the CRNJ, to socialize with others who regularly attend the Priory, and receive assistance in prayer and the sacramental life.
- Meetings will ordinarily be held on the 2nd Sunday of each month at the Priory after the High Mass (around 12:15 pm).
- Regular topics of discussion will be: Scripture, Liturgy, and the writings and person of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Meetings from September to February 2017 have been introductory in order to help those interested decide whether they would like to make the commitment.
Required Commitments for the Third Order can be downloaded here: